Beer is made by men, wine by God.
As the clocks change and dark evenings swoop in, the thought of wine makes us rather happy and gives us the essential fuel we need to survive winter. To help, luxury St James private members club 67 Pall Mall have announced their new Wine Series for winter, events which are open to both non-members (for the very first time) and members.
What makes 67 Pall Mall different is that it was founded by wine lovers, for wine lovers. It is home to one of the best wine lists on earth with over 4,400+ wines from 42 countries and 800 available by the glass thanks to clever Coravin technology. With the Club’s mission to make fine wine accessible, this is a unique opportunity for novice and expert wine appreciating non-members to experience what 67 Pall Mall has to offer. We also like that the dress code isn’t too strict here with a “smart dress code” in place that allows for jeans and a relaxed dress code on weekends.
The Wine Series features an exciting wine powered calendar of events including master classes and tastings hosted by expert sommeliers and wine makers, introductions to iconic wine regions, menu pairing experiences, Christmas wine sessions and more.
Events for the Wine Series include:
· Tuesday 29th October: Wine tasting: discover wines from Australia.
· Friday 1st November: Napa Valley vintners: a walk-around tasting
· Saturday 2nd November: a Sommelier’s guide to Christmas
· Tuesday 5th November: Wine tasting & profile: a Life in Wine, with Paul Symington
· Thursday 7th November: An introduction to Burgundy with Head Sommelier Terry Kandylis
· Thursday 28th November: Port tasting: Kopke showcasing a collection of still and fortified wines
· Saturday 30th November: The double indulgence: port and cheese night
· Saturday 14th December: The Twelve Wines of Christmas: a walk-around tasting of festive favourites with a mince pie pairing
A full line up of events can be found here. Classes start from £40 and there are tickets available for some exclusive events. After your experience, you can enjoy full access to the Club for the evening if you want to stay for dinner (their delicious signature scotch egg is a must!)
If membership is enticing you, as a member you can benefit from a low-margin wine list and are able to store wine at the Club Hambros bank safe. Members are expertly served by a 17-strong sommelier team, many of whom many are winners of several international competitions and regarded the best sommeliers in London. There is also an extensive events calendar hosting wine and non-wine-related events including art, watches, excursions, Sunday roasts, live music on weekends and more. 2020 signals exciting times as 67 Pall Mall is set to open a new branch for wine lovers in Singapore.
For membership and to book a place for a Wine Series event, visit: 67pallmall.co.uk