Much-loved Spanish chef and restaurateur José Pizarro is opening of “José by Pizarro” at Conrad Abu Dhabi Etihad Towers. Conrad Abu Dhabi Etihad Towers is a flagship property in the UAE within Hilton’s luxury hotel portfolio. This is one of the most iconic properties in Abu Dhabi on the Cornice and is seen as a modern architectural marvel. Explaining its name, José says, “I love that we’re calling it “José by Pizarro” because it’s inspired by both restaurants. It’s both the name of my much-loved first place in the UK, and has a similar fun feeling about it, as well as being inspired by the best of Pizarro.”
José is a busy man. Last year he embarked on perhaps his greatest adventure yet: the opening of Iris Zahara – a spectacular guest house in Zahara de Los Atunes, Andalusia. This exclusive seaside property is home to six guests at a time, who join José and his partner Peter for unique food-and-travel experiences, from private wine and sherry trips to culinary tours and exclusive cookery experiences with José in his own kitchen.
Back in Abu Dhabi, José will be bringing together his love of Spanish cooking alongside beautiful wines, sherries, sparkling wines and cocktails at the 46-cover, stylishly fun restaurant. The beautiful venue reflects the energy and good-time vibes of his eponymous restaurants in Bermondsey Street where elevated Spanish dishes cleverly meet more informal, intimate tapas. José is keen to work with local ingredients, some already well known in Spanish food, and to promote the vibrancy and heart of Spanish cuisine.
The menu is a glittering showcase of the very best of José’s food and will include some of the following dishes:
- Cantabrian Catalina salted anchovies, bread & butter
- Spicy chicken croquetas
- Buñuelos de gambas spicy prawn fritters with lemon aioli
- Potato tortilla with caramelised onions
- Air-cured beef, fried almonds and olive oil
- Spanish red tuna tartar, traditional dressing, potato cream
- Lamb albondigas (meatballs) in a silky orange sauce
- White wild prawns with chilli and garlic oil
Bigger sharing plates
- Suckling lamb, potato al caliu, yoghurt aioli and fresh herbs
- Chicken and carabinero paella with roasted red peppers
- Chocolate pot, salt, Pizarro extra virgin olive oil
- Tarta de Santiago: almond tart, figs and custard
- Cheese selection, picos, pears and membrillo (quince)
To discover more, visit: josepizarro.com
View this post on Instagram
All imagery courtesy of José Pizarro.