Nica Burns, the renowned entertainment entrepreneur of Nimax Theatres, has launched @sohoplace, the first new West End Theatre to open in 50 years. The magnificent new 602-seat theatre sits at 4 Soho Place, at the edge of Soho, on Charing Cross Road and is hosting a variety of productions.
As part of this impressive site, an independent new stars Restaurant and Bar has opened on the ground level of the theatre, with direct access to Charing Cross Road. stars Restaurant will be open throughout the day with pre and post-show sittings, showcasing a menu focusing on great produce
The contemporary international style of menu from Head Chef Constantin Apostu (previously at The Standard Hotel) focuses on British and European produce.
Highlights of the menu include:
- Cauliflower & Stilton croquettes, piquillo ketchup
- English burrata & figs, miso & smoked oil
- Crispy skin cod, braised quinoa trio, beurre blanc
- Pumpkin ravioli, spinach, parmesan foam, aleppo pepper
- Chicken schnitzel, slaw, cayenne mayo
- stars burger, Applewood cheddar, bloody Mary ketchup, fries
- Corn-fed chicken breast, truffle chanterelles
- Hereford 28-day aged rib eye & fries
- Brilliant Basque cheesecake, Earl Grey infusion
- Chocolate mousse, mascarpone & pistachio
Nica Burns was heavily involved in the overall design of the restaurant and bar, collaborating with Simon Allford of AHMM. The 70-seat space features a central bar with Labradorite bar-top, midnight blue and deep red seating, including several banquettes, light oak tables and dazzling constellation artwork.
@sohoplace has a commitment to not just quality and design but sustainability. Everything in the theatre is built with sustainability in mind using BREEAM which allows them to operate efficiently and all their lovely lighting is LED. BREEAM is the leading and most widely used environmental assessment method for buildings and communities.
The 25-seat bar will offer a mix of classic and modern cocktails, many with theatrical or astrological references (Curtain Coolers, Cocktail Party Negroni, Marvellous Margarita, Cosmologist, Frozen Stars). A short international wine list will also be featured, with bottles from £25, as well as a range of craft beers.
To discover more, visit: starsrestaurantandbar.com
View this post on Instagram
All imagery courtesy of @sohoplace.