SkinSeasonality is the hottest new global trend to be aware of – an overarching term coined by Dr. Uliana Gout (founder of London Aesthetic Medicine on Harley Street) to reflect the increasing importance of caring for our skin to manage skincare during a more unusual seasonal transition.
Renowned for being the youngest ever expert to be recognised as the ‘Practitioner of the Year,’ Dr. Gout is a specialist in ‘LAM Hyperpersonalised Consultations’, creating exclusive signature facials which are amongst the best facials in London. A leading expert and thought leader in Aesthetic Medicine, Dr. Gout is President of BCAM, Scientific Director of FACE (UK’s longest running congress), Course Director of Monaco Anti-Ageing World Congress (largest world congress under patronage of Prince Albert) and a renowned author in the medical field.
Dr. Gout shares her top tips for combatting ‘SkinSeasonality’ by preparing ahead and maintaining a regular skincare routine:
- HUMECTANTS: The transition from sun exposure and humidity to cooler temperatures and humidity loss causes ‘dryness and tightness.’ Combat these problematic issues by introducing the new ‘modern moisturisers’ – Glycerine & Hyaluronic acid. Both powerful and beneficial for actively and naturally driving water to the surface of the skin to give you that healthy glow and reduce dilated pores.
- NIACINAMIDE: The ultimate ingredient to combat catastrophic effects on our skin caused by wearing masks and increasing exposure to congestion, from ‘Maskne,’ to redness, dryness and skin infections. Combine with salicylic acid to create a winning duo combination for anti-Maskne skin.
- KOJIC ACID: Delayed pigmentation can appear post-summer as the melanin emerges in our skin from the bouts of sun. Kojic acid is a great starting point for uneven surface pigment, age spots, unwanted freckles and post-spot pigmentation.
- OIL FREE SPF: Don’t be fooled by the lack of exposure to warmer temperatures as meaning no sun damage. Every day we are exposed to the sun – add to that the increasing contact with pollution as more of us return to the new ‘norm,’ which causes pigmentation, fine lines & rashes. Improve your skin with a daily dose of SPF.
- NEW GENERATION RETINOIDS: As we enter the colder months get your retinoids on. Initially, sensitise yourself with a pea size dose once a week, increasing application to daily usage. Retin-aldehydes are ideal for more sensitive skin, Retinol for thicker, oilier skin types.
Dr. Gout has developed a whole range of exclusive Medical Grade Facials and Signature Packages taking into account concerns during the pandemic and beyond. At London Aesthetic Medicine (LAM), ‘Intelligent Aesthetics’ is at the forefront of every technique. Everyone needs different combinations of treatments and this all starts with an extensive consultation with Dr. Gout to work out what is best for you and your skin. For me, it was a combination of radio frequency and a facial to maximise collagen production and skin health.
Recommended treatments to combat ‘SkinSeasonality’ include:
- LAM Hydrating Facial (£200) – In just 30 minutes you will have the most gloriously hydrated, smooth and glowing skin with no downtime! For those wanting additional hydration for very sun damages and lines skin we have our LAM Mesotherapy – hailed as the instant skin booster micro injections filled with powerful hyaluronic, antioxidants, vitamins, peptides and minerals- the ultimate cocktail to restore glow for 2 months.
- LAM Glow Facial (£320/ x3 treatment package £864) and the powerful LAM Spot & Blemish Facial (£460 / x3 treatment package £1242). – Our immunity is affected when travelling and our skin becomes disrupted, prone to dryness, rashes, infection and outbreaks. This facial is Ideal if you have problems with congestion and pores.
- LAM Pigment Balancing Facial – The only way to remove deep pigmentation successfully is to combine a series of Clinic Facials with much stronger depigmenter – often a mixture of ingredients. The art in depigmenters is having medical help – you simply won’t be able to find the ingredients you need in your own unless you go to a clinic.
- LAM Anti-Ageing Flawless Complexion Facial (£1,200) – This is an instant anti-ageing clinic facial perfect treatment for those wanting less lines, depigmentation, smoother and radiant skin – just make sure you plan for a little mild shedding on day two and three. This is a great treatment especially if you are working from home a lot. Covid has fast forwarded the movement of flexible working, and ultimately the rise of the ‘Zoom Face’. Looking at ourselves has resulted in a growing desire to improve our tissue health to look healthier and happier.
- LAM Radio Frequency (£460) – If you want instant skin tightening in just 30 minutes of what is ultimately a warm and super relaxing facial massage with a high-powered RF hand piece, this is the treatment for you.
To discover more about LAM and SkinSeasonality, visit: london-aesthetic-medicine.com/
All imagery courtesy of LAM.
View this post on Instagram